1. Friday afternoon I was in full soccer mom mode, except that soccer (or any other sport) was not involved. I had to pick up Chad in the afternoon along with a friend of his who came over to the house. Shortly after getting them home, Jamie wanted sushi, and I agreed because we had to go get a card & present for a birthday party she was going to that evening. Seriously, I was on the go from 1pm to just after 8pm.
2. I got up Saturday morning with the intention of a run. Being Saturday, I refused to be in a hurry, and so it was 10am before I ever set out on the run. All was fine until the 1 mile mark. I want to note that at this point I was really tired, but not so tired I wasn’t still running. The 1 mile mark for this route is at the top of a hill. Small hill, but kind of steep. Anyway, it wasn’t far after this that I realized my folly in lollygagging around all morning. From the 1 mile mark to the halfway mark there was no shade, and I got HOT. I was really done before I got to the halfway mark, but I kept going until I hit the shade. I walked the entire way back home rather than risk getting any hotter and getting sick or having a heat stroke. Lesson learned – get my butt up and out there earlier, or wait until about 7pm.
3. I made what felt like 100 stops shopping Saturday. I won’t even discuss what I spent. ugh.
4. I got sucked into a discussion on Facebook that ended up in me going all confessional to make a point. Now Petra thinks it should be a blog post. It would generate traffic that’s for sure…
5. Is considering signing up for a 5k 4th of July. All my running friends are (of course) telling me to do it. I am almost positive Molly will make me sign up and probably before the day is out. lol Last time I got up early on 4th of July, well, it was 2001 and that’s a story in itself that I might tell again sometime. But not today…
6. Darci, aka the escape artist, dug out again over the weekend. It’s been a while. No one has bothered yet to find the hole and fill it in.
7. I broke down and snaked the drain in the shower in the master bath. This is why I haven’t done #6.
8. I’m craving a burger and tater tots from Sonic.
9. Got to work early this morning. Was nice not having to get the kids up.
10. Traffic was fairly light this morning and I don’t think I got mad enough to cuss anyone. Yes, this is a problem. My mouth, not the traffic. Ok, yeah, people are stupid, but I drive stupid sometimes, too.
I was looking for something else, and fell upon this song which has now been stuck in my head all morning.