I wrote a pretty lengthy post last week, but I couldn’t come up with a title for it. Then, after a few hours I decided the whole thing sounded whiny so I just scrapped it into the draft oblivion. So I decided instead of pissing and moaning I would just share some stuff I’ve been learning/coming to terms with lately.
1. It’s ok to be vulnerable with friends. In fact, if they are really your friends, it is pretty safe, and it helps build the relationship.
2. You shouldn’t ever hold on to guilt that isn’t yours. Ok, you shouldn’t ever just hold on to guilt at all, but you can only make amends for what you do.
3. You can’t earn grace and you don’t deserve it. It’s not an entitlement. Neither can you lose it.
4. Relationships are more important and more valuable that material things, but are harder to make and keep. Which makes them more valuable.
5. You don’t have to know everything. It’s impossible anyway.
6. You can’t do everything. And nobody is self-sufficient.
7. Hurt people hurt people. That doesn’t make it ok, but keeping that in mind helps considerably in being kind and loving to people who have hurt you. I don’t advocate allowing physical abuse, however.