1. I have a race tomorrow morning and thank goodness it is only a 5k. Why? Because I haven’t run at all in 2 weeks. And it is supposed to be rainy and cold.
2. Karyn and I are running a half marathon in 4 weeks. We have 2 long runs left. I do not feel at all ready or prepared.
3. Will be rethinking this whole running in winter thing. See #1 and #2.
4. After not touching my guitar for a month, I started playing it for fun again. I forgot how much I love to play. Yes, there has been much Fleetwood Mac.
Looking for that I saw this remake and it’s not bad.
Petra, this may help towards me actually liking Florence + the Machine. Maybe. And mainly because I have hated most Fleetwood Mac remakes. lol
5. Speaking of Fleetwood Mac remakes, I think I had once said that Santana did the only good remake of a Fleetwood Mac song with Black Magic Woman. In fact, I like Santana’s remake better than the original. Maybe because I heard it first, but whatever. I found 2 (so far) other FM remakes in my music library over the weekend. First was NOFX (whom I had never heard of) doing Go Your Own Way. It would be better if the singer would consistently sing. The other was Judas Priest doing The Green Manalishi. Leave it to Judas Priest to take a British blues-rock song and make it sound like, well, Judas Priest.
6. Repairs and remodeling are proceeding like mad at the house. While we have always had a door between the kitchen and laundry room, there was no door between the laundry room and the den/family room. There is now.
That’s 24 8ft 2x4s. Very heavy. And sound masking so that when the family room/den remodeling is complete and the tv is moved down there, the sound of laundry will not affect watching of the tv.
7. That’s all I got. This was playing at the Commissary this morning when I walked out of Starbucks.